Thursday, February 15, 2007

Too Cool!!!

Yesterday was a good day

I got an e-mail yesterday from Scrapbooking memories to sak me to to a product challenge. Too cool, feel very special right now!!!
And my Best Buddy Lu pointed me in the right direction for to a fantastic opportunity for my DS Kristofer. She read in the courier mail about a school that is is openning up at the Gold Coast for bright children in years 10-12 that want to become doctors and dentists. My son has had it in his head for a long while now that he wants to become a Doctor, actually a radiography oncologist (please excuse my speelling, he's the bright one, not me!!Lol) a doctor that deals witht the research and teatment of canser paitences. This school is run through the QLD Acadamies, and information is very hard to come by, no one seems to know what is going one, but after much help from the darling Lu, and much web surfing I finally got some answers. Theres an exam to sit and an interview, before you are giving an offer. It's at this point it becomes tricky...lots of money involved!! even though it's a public school they are only 'subsidised' by the government not 'supported' and because only 150 students will ever be accepted there are major costs involved. We aren't made of money, far from it!! but as far as I am concerned, if my boy gets into this school, we will just have to get the money from somewhere?????

Oh well Kris and I are very excited about the idea, and I love seeing the thirst to learn and achieve in his eyes

Thanks for having a read!!!! ((((HUGS))))

Cass xxxx

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow Cass that's sounds fantastic, keep us informed on how he goes. Good luck.

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity for him Cass. Good on you for being so supportive. A lot of people would have said: Nope can't do it, we can't afford it. As Sandra said, let us know how it pans out.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the product challenge you will have a ball.

And a big good luck on how he goes with this new venture, I wish you all the best.

Carole.

lusi said...

YAY CAss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just sooooo excited for you mate about your product challenge AND the new adventure for your man. Really hope it all goes well matey!!!!
Can't wait to see your product challenge lo :)
Lus x