Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feeling HUMAN!!! YEAH

Yesterday I had the most dreadful day. The night before I was feeling crappy so I went to bed early, only to wake up at about 10pm vomiting!!!! I contiuned to do so til 10am yesterday morning. No sleep at all!!!!!!
Nothing worse than feeling like the living dead. My DH had to go to work, and I physically could not look after the two babies on my own, so my white knight 12yld Kristofer, sayed home from school to help. Well, some days, even if you are feeling like hell, remind you that you mustn't be doing too bad a job at raising them. He was FANTASTIC. He changed pooey nappies, he dressed them, he got them breakfast and lunch, he put washing on the line, he clean up the kitchen, he made me cups of tea, and played with them for hours while I lay half dead on the couch!!!! Oh, I was just so thankful!!! Never before had I realised how grown up he actually was, how capable and independant. I was thinking about it after they had all gone to be last night, and all I could think was 'he's going to be OK' you know, when he gets older and finally flys the nest, he will be capable of looking after himself, without me. Strange feeling that, sort of proud that you have done and alright job, and sort of sad that the day that he no longer 'needs' me is coming oh so fast.

Well with yesterday behind me, I have a busy day today, woke up this morning feeling like myself, so now I have to play catch up on yesterday. But thanks to my darling 'not so little' boy, it wont be the massive task it could have been

Cheers, hugs and kisses

Cass xxxx

1 comment:

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Babe I am just so glad you're feeling better!!!! There is just nothing worse and I'm so proud of Kris too. You know, I know you've always done an amazing job with them and I'm not the least bit surprised that he's a capable young man. Glad you're back on board babe, I'll give you a ring later.