Tuesday, January 23, 2007

DRAMA

OMG!!!!!!! yesterday afternoon I had the most horrible experience.
About lunch time I went out, over to Lu's then to mums, I stopped at the newsagent to see if the FK was in(I Have a LO in the next issue) but when I came home I was so glad that I stuff around for a while. The neigbouring spare alotment had caught FIRE while I was away and had burnt down part of my fence!!! The lovely lady next door, Leanne, called the fire brigade so no more serious damage was done than that but boy oh boy did I have a break down!!!
Just to let you know about a bit of history, on the 10th of Sept. 2000 my house burnt down at 5.30am. I lost all my worldly possessions (when I came out of hospital I didn't even own a pair of shoes) but all materil things can be replaced. I also lost my 2 year old daughter Mikayla, something that no parent should ever have to go through.
So I guess coming home to the burnt down spare alotment was a bit of a flashback. It's not so much the sight of the char and ash, it is the smell of the wet smoke. That damp, musty, revolting smell that permiates into everything. ATM I can't step out the backdoor without smelling it and remembering how my house looked and how everything that we gathered from it still smells like that.
So I have had a bit of a downer of a day, I've cried a bit and wondered if the saying, 'all things come in 3's', actually holds any weight. Cos I swear the next time a fire threatens to burn down my house I recon the easist thing would be to sit down in the middle of it and surrender. I know I wouldn't but boy oh boy how much FIRE can one peron have in thier life????
No one knows how yesterdays fire started, but it was incedible hot and windy yesterday, and there were tradsmen building on the house on the other side of the alotment, so maybe one of them flick a ciggie. Who Knows?? and I guess it really doesn't matter, there was not a hell of alot of damage done really.....only to my emotional state
Thanks for having a read, I actually feel better for having written this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot go by without posting a comment... I saw your post on SC forums and just followed the link to your blog.

I'm sorry to hear about your scare and by the sounds of it you have every reason to break down. Your daughter Mikalya is absolutely beautiful, that photo of her is stunning. I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous girl and you're right, no parent should have to go through that.

Take care and congrats on your publication in FK!