Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Kris!!!!

Well Kris turned 13 today, and we were really hoping to celebrate his acceptance into the academy, but because of government nonsense will will have to wait for that til next week....offer can not be made via e-mail now, they have to come out in the post. No doubt Kris will be stalking the post man all week now!!!!

Anyway he has had a great day. He got some fantastic medical textbooks, and a really coolcube thingy. He got some DVD's and a Missy Higgins CD. A pre-paid voucher for the next Harry Potter book, and some beautiful engraved pens.

Bit of a hard day for mummy though, I had a few tears this morning. My baby is a teenager!!!!!!!!!!!! all a bit much actually. Part of me feels WAY too young to be the mother of a teenager and another part feels every bit of it. The older the kids get the more I realise that the midwife in the hospital was right. When I had Kris I was 19, and just a baby myself, but this lovely midwife...and for the life of me I can't remember her name said to me 'Having a baby is like ripping your heart from your chest and letting it walk around exposed to the world, you can only protect it so much and only for so long before it walks away'
At the time I thought it was pretty harsh, I now know not a truer word has been spoken. I know he will always love me, and I know he will always come home form time to time....but the stark reality that he is slowly (at a more rapid pace lately) slipping away from me is just a bit hard on my old heart.

Gosh I am such a SOOK!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all had a fabo day, and I am off to the shop tommorrow to stalk the deliver men, we are waiting on alot of really cool new stuff, including the brand spanking new Basic Grey line...I can hardly wait for that

Any old hoo....catch ya later Bill and Ted

Hugs
Cass xxxx

4 comments:

kerry said...

Oh Cass i know how that feels wait until one of then decides that oversees looks like a great place to see.My eldest baby is now 28 years old and i still miss him everyday,lucky i have my daughters one married and as you know one is just two but growing up way to much for my liking.take care Kerryxoxox

kerry said...

Oh Cass i know how that feels wait until one of then decides that oversees looks like a great place to see.My eldest baby is now 28 years old and i still miss him everyday,lucky i have my daughters one married and as you know one is just two but growing up way to much for my liking.take care Kerryxoxox

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Oh babe we're all going to miss hime when he finally makes his big break but it's all in baby steps for now so you'll hopefully find it less painful as he gets older. Glad he liked the book and the cubey thingy!!!! Educational and fun!!! See you at the shop babe, love Lu

jilly said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Wow - a teenager!
xxJillGG