Monday, May 28, 2007

A thing you SHOULDN'T do....

(This will be quick...cos I am on my way to work)

I learnt a bit of a lesson yesterday. My DH, Kelly, and I were having a bit of an argument....the details aren't that important, just one of those rows about money and time and stuff. Anyway unpon concludsion, we decided that we are both a bit stressed out, and he told me to go in to my scrap room and scrap for a while, cos that makes me feel better....GOOD BOY!!!! (He's learning)
Now this is where my lesson comes in
I told him he should find an activity that de-stresses him too. 'Maybe I could do a page or two then' he said
OK I didn't actually think that he was serious...so I stood there and looked at him. 'Well you have plenty of crap in there, after the kids go to bed I am sure I can come up with something'
I honestly still didn't believe him, and I thought he was being funny....so I Laughed.......big mistake!!!!!!
It turns out that he was dead serious and I had just insulted his abilities and offend him no end!!!! I told him I thought he was kidding, and this didn't wash well either
Well after we both composed ourselves (me from laughing again and him from being offended). I told him I would show him the basics..like how to apply a photo tab, and how to use the cutter, and he could have a go.
Now he is talking about what photo he wants to use.....ARGHHHHH I am not so keen about all this, after all he may discover the costs of things (A highly guarded secret womens business) and besides, does anyone REALLY want thier husband digging around in thier stash....

I will share whatever he comes up with though...he actually is quite arty and who knows, he might be alright at it...we'll see

In the mean time, heres a LO I did yesterday. The new Marah Johnson papers and stuff have a breast cancer theme, so it seemd aproprieate to use my Grandma for it



Keep smiling

Cass xxxx

4 comments:

kerry said...

oh you may have opened pandora's box you poor thing.I'm glad it's you and not me.Godd luck with the teaching.

Kat Thompson said...

Good luck! I hope he doesn't find out the costs, but other than that I think it's kinda cute that he wants to try scrapbooking! Can't wait to see what he creates!

Karen Knight said...

that is so funny. i cracked up when i read that.
I say let him have a go. lol! it will be so funny mind you there are guys that scrap (i don't know of many but hey! there is always a first for everything)

Hugs

Kayla

Nicole said...

Make Kel have a go, Luke scraps started about 2 months ago and has done about 6 pages, is currently doing a double. And he's done two OTP.

This is some of his work have a look and let me know what you think. He loves the feedback.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/nmpomeroy/Layouts%20by%20Luke/