Thursday, May 7, 2009

a wee RAK...and alot of fun!!!!

OK so I was down at Bunnings on the weekend (don't ya's just love hardware!!!...I'm serious), and they were selling out of some mosiac tiles. Now I have never ever mosaiced anything in my life, but I had a bit of an idea, so I thought I would give it a go, what was the worst that could happen??...I'd have wasted about $2 in tiles...worth the risk I thought.
Anyways I got my Daddy to cut a couple of peices of Ply wood to 13"X14" and drill 8 holes in the top of them both. And using my tiles...smashed to wee bits, and ALOT of black gesso, this is what I came up with...


You like???
I am going to use it as an album for arty pages...like an art journal I guess
Here's a few close ups




And as a bit of a RAK, I used up a few bits of the left over broken tiles and a few other bits and peices to create this little 5'x5' canvas. If any of you would like it, please leave me a comment and at the end of next week I will get one of the kidlets to draw a 'winner'...they love doing that...:)



Well I am babysitting my newphew today and I have SOOOOO much paper work to do, and offcouse start to get ready for the upcoming Brisbane papercrafts convention....so looking forward to that one!!!

Best be off WW3 is breaking out...gotta love 3 year olds....LOL

Big Hugs...and don't forget to leave me a comment...if you want that little thingy anyways....:)

Cass xxxx

3 comments:

Maxine said...

WOW for someone who hasn't done a mosiac before you are a natural. I LOVE what you have done. So arty and very cool.

Love the little canvas too and how generous to give it up.

Chris Millar said...

Well, you clever little chicky!!! You've done such an awesome job with the mosiac tiles!! Hope you have a fantastic weekend and mothers day!

lkamphuis said...

WOW - I love that idea - I love how scrapping can incorporate almost any other craft!!