Friday, February 13, 2009

Fire

OK, so I sort of don't know exactly what to say. The recent fires and horrors in Victoria have, shall we say, affected me. The stories, the pictures on the telly, the look in the eyes of the survivors....have affected me. For years now when some person, brave enough to ask, has asked me what it was like inside the fire all I have ever been able to say is that it is black. All black, like there is not any light left anywhere in the world, the blackness is all consuming. This is what I am hearing over and over and over again on the telly, and I can see it written all over thier faces, the shock, the pain, the world is unreal, and unimaginable, and will never be the same again. Damn Fire, damn fire bug.
Don't worry about me though, I am OK, just have had a little trouble getting my head out of my butt over all this, but I am OK. The thing that is really warming my heart is the outpouring of support for those that have been touched by all that distruction. I whole heartedly support all these efforts, and part of me...a really big part actually wishes that I could just jump on a plane and go and be some physical help to these people. Offcourse I can't, but the beautiful Sarah Gladman has set this one up.......

I know that the equally gorgeous Jilly has offer to post them down down to her in mass if that helps at all.
There is offcourse also this....To contribute to the Vic Bush fires fund, people can call Red Cross on 1800 811 700.
The amazing Ngaire also has an e-bay aution...check it out

Well on a brighter note, and a little more scrapping related here is a couple of LO's I did for my guest spot on the Tarisota DT....hope you like, cos I simply loved doing it!!!





Well that's it, finally I have gotten back to the computer and posted, been finding it all a be tough of late, as we all do from time to time I guess. My poor sore and bruised heart goes out to all those that have been affected by recent events. To those in pain, to those that have lost, I wont say that everything will be OK, but I will say that there is always tommorrow and with that come a small, sometimes almost impossible thing to see.....hope

god bless, and hugs

Cass xxxx

1 comment:

Dee said...

Love your new LOs, but moreso came to check you were okay, with all the fire talk. xoxoxo